Our church has been very careful over the past year to follow Virginia's Covid-19 safety guidelines out of respect for the law and, most importantly, out of love for one another. On May 14, Gov. Northam revised the statewide mask mandate to coincide with the CDC's announcement that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks outdoors or indoors and that fully vaccinated individuals can sing indoors and outdoors. Most of our church goers have been vaccinated, so according to the CDC guidelines and the Governor's ruling, they are exempt from wearing a face covering at church. If they are more comfortable wearing one, they are of course welcome to do so. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue the safety precaution. Let us give thanks that we have Covid-19 vaccines that health professionals believe to be safe and highly effective and that these vaccines are enabling us to take a step toward normalcy.
Our baseline safety protocols are listed below.
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines and Protocols
Genito has instituted the following procedures in compliance with Covid-19
state regulations for indoor religious gatherings. More information is available by
1. One way traffic in and out of church. Ushers will direct you to your seat.
2. Maintain social distance of 6 feet from those not in your family at all times.
3. Pews and high touch objects will be disinfected before and after services.
4. Doors will be propped open.
5. Sanitizing stations will be at entry and exit doors.
6. Face masks are highly recommended. Extras are available at narthex sanitizing station.
7. Offering plates are at entry and exit doors. The plates will not be passed.
8. Bring personal hymn booklet and bulletin from the Genito Update. We will not use church
hymnals and Bibles. Nor can we distribute bulletins.
9. Restrooms will be available; however, to reduce their use, we strongly encourage you to use
the facilities in your home right before coming to worship.
10. At the conclusion of worship, ushers will release households one at a time. Those attending Sunday School should remain seated.
11. Social gathering is not permitted in the church building according to the Governor’s plan. After
worship concludes, please exit the building.
12. On Communion Sundays (1st Sunday of each month), personal bread/cup Communion kits
will be available for pickup in narthex when you enter the front doors.
We record Sunday worship and send out prayer concerns, announcements, and worship materials
for those who prefer to worship at home during this difficult time .